"When I write a math test, and score a good grade I feel accomplished. When I work in theater and put on a show, and see the enticing environment and story I have helped engaged our audience in, Its breathtaking."

Monday 30 January 2012

Second Year Production



            Well, the next adventure has begun and excitement is in the air. The second year production is on its way and this year the piece that our theatre classes will be presenting is a Mary Zimmerman play entitled METAMORPHOSIS. This play from the American playwright was first seen in 1996 and since has been a hit, playing on Broadway and winning the 2002 Tony award for best play. Metamorphosis, first named 6 greek myths, is an ancient greek inspired story about the transforming power of love and the devastating consequences of greed. 
So far we have discussed possible ways by which our group can present this piece. As first years, we are responsible for lighting, sound, stage management, props, and costumes. I was given the responsibility of set design and props. For the most part it takes place in a pool, this immediately creates a problem for us. Whether or not we will use water in a pool or just as a major motif is soon to be decided. We may, however, decide to just take it in an entirely different direction. This will give me ample room to be creative, but will no doubt be a challenge to construct. I will be working with Nathan who is an assistant stage manager. I am looking forward to the exciting new project and working together with my classmates to create something that we can all be proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment