"When I write a math test, and score a good grade I feel accomplished. When I work in theater and put on a show, and see the enticing environment and story I have helped engaged our audience in, Its breathtaking."

Thursday 17 November 2011

1st Year production



            Seeing as i was a crew member backstage, I never got a chance to fully watch the production but i feel as though I still learned a lot about theatre. Until now I had never realized the amount of teamwork and communication that is necessary if a theatre piece is to be a success. I was amazing to see how much work goes into the little things that you really take for granted as an audience member and sometimes maybe even an actor. I know that personally I know admire the thought and planning that goes into lighting, sound, backstage work and stage management. Each of these sectors is a working organ that must me tweaked, prepared and organized for the entire body of the production to operate.
            Being backstage was completely new to me and right off the bat I was informed and taught what my role was and how I could execute it properly. The backstage leaders were extremely helpful in teaching me “the ropes” and they created a calm but attentive atmosphere that helped the entire team relax and do their job efficiently. I realized how critical communication was between the team, and also the people outside. In the notes sessions after rehearsal’s I saw how directors kept effective notes and were always full of suggestions for the crew and actors. I would like to have seen the show to comment on the performance of the actors themselves but from the feedback by the directors and audience I think that it went quite well. All in all I was very pleased with the outcome of the show and I can’t wait for the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment